Flying the Futures Flag
The story so far...........
- We started with a collaborative Staff Development Day to introduce staff at HPPS, Glenwood PS and Hinchinbrook PS to Future Focused Learning. The emphasis was on high student engagement. We used the resources from Ian Jukes, Nicky Mohan and Dave Burgess.
- Staff were introduced to the 6D's of problem solving and the ideas of high student engagement from Dave's book "Teach like a pirate"
- Term 2 - Two enthusiastic teachers Samantha Lynne & Cathie Circosta created the first agile space to investigate different ways of teaching curriculum and student engagement.
- Leaders from all three schools attended a 3 day EduTech conference where links were established with Simon Breakspear(Agile Learning), David Price (Engaged Learning) and Furnware Furniture.
- The first agile space began sharing the space with parents known as OPEN DAYS.
- Introduction of the SEESAW APP to monitor and share work.
- In July Dave Burgess came to Australia and many staff members attended a workshop with him.
- Sam and Cathie created the Hoxton National Park
- In August the first agile space was furnished with innovative furniture from Furnware. The Leadership team visited two innovative schools in Melbourne , Woorana Park and Dandenong North
Leaders visit to EduTech
- We began the year with 9 agile spaces. Teachers were excited to further explore Future Focused Learning and continue the success of high student engagement experienced by the first agile space.
- The teachers who started the first agile space were eager to continue to promote Future Focused Learning which led them to take a different direction in 2016. Samantha opted to share her knowledge working in an agile space with a new partner and Cathie established the Learning Hub in the old Library space. The Learning Hub became the centre for innovation, with students and teachers utilising Cathie's vast knowledge in technology.
- The use of the 4cs began as a focus in the learning Communication, Critical Thinking, Collaboration & Creativity.